Tilefortlauderdale

One woman, lots of paint and hundreds of tiles. If you're here because you found a painted tile, it's yours to keep.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bea

Even on the darkest of days, Bea was eternally grateful for the feeling that from somewhere, a little light shines down on her, keeping her from harm's way ... so that even when she is completely alone, she never really feels alone.

I left Bea on a bridge at Cordova Road and .... I think, SE 7th or 8th Ave. in Fort Lauderdale. It's a nice peaceful spot.

The tile was inspired by the Beatles song Let It Be. Friends have asked me before if I dream in color or black and white, and even though I recall the words of my dreams pretty vividly some times, I never do remember colors or lack thereof. What I do know is that Let It Be is the only song to have ever appeared in one of my dreams. It actually dominated the entire dream, which was set in an old rundown white farmhouse on a back road ... I was looking out the window ... at my crops, and family (though I didn't know any of them in real life). This song was playing, pretty loudly as I recall, and I was really happy about that. It was an oddly moving dream.

Anyway, in other news, there is a mystery. Apparently, the person who found Feisty Fred and took him on a series of adventures that landed him in Tennessee, spotted another tile featuring a character named Roni, that I hid a year ago at Ernie's, the BBQ spot on Federal Highway in Fort Lauderdale. Roni has apparently been behind the bar at Ernie's and when the Feisty Fred's finder saw her, he told the bartender the story of Feisty Fred, who decided that he should take Roni on tour too.

I remember Roni ... She was afraid of asterisks. But somehow, she never made it onto my blog. She's also not in my picture file. Roni apparently is just as adventurous as Feisty Fred. After all, the girl has been living off the grid for a year now. Maybe Roni's new tour guides will send us a photo, so we can post her here .. and then follow her travels.

The couple who found her say they can't say where they're bringing her just yet, but they say she will have a d*** good time and that she will probably make new friends. Oh no, asterisks. They used asterisks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home