Tilefortlauderdale

One woman, lots of paint and hundreds of tiles. If you're here because you found a painted tile, it's yours to keep.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Fred Feels Feisty


Fred's not religious but he thinks that eating fish-on-Fridays thing is the best idea ever. He knows someone in the neighborhood would be cooking seafood tonight, and the mere scent of that makes him feisty. Fred loves Fridays, and bells or no bells, he was headed out for a little happy hour of his own. Maybe somewhere closer to all those fish he keeps dreaming about.

Dropped Fred in the City Link Box in front of Southland shopping center in the 900 block of State Road 84, so he can scope out the restaurants ads and see where he'd like to dine tonight. Maybe he'd start with some smoked fish dip. Fred will surely have fun, as he has a way of getting what he wants. For instance ... Fred wanted to be a recurring character in this little space, and his persistence won me over, so there he is again. I have a feeling he'll be back for occasional appearances. I think he's going to insist on it, 'cause that's how Fred is.

7 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Proud First Strike Wife said...

Greetings from TN!! My 8 year old daughter found this tile yesterday leaving church here in Clarksville right beside Ft. Campbell. KY!! What a journey it has made from Florida!! We felt like we found buried treasure!! What a great idea!!! :)

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Mary Tiler More said...

Wow, Fred really WAS feeling feisty. Who else goes out for happy hour and mischief and six weeks later finds themselves laying under a sign ... at a church ... in Kentucky!? Believe it or not, details on the story behind this tile arrived just today ... not long before you sent your message. It's a crazy story, with pictures apparently, and I have asked the person who e-mailed me to post his tale here. If I get the pics, I will post them on the site. Meanwhile, it's good to hear that Fred's feistiness took him that far. Just so you know, he's been known to stray on Fridays ...

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found Feisty Fred at the Southland shopping center, here in Ft. Laiderdale. As a licensed Tile Artist (I did the mosaic at Brian Peney Park right down the street on 4th Ave) I really enjoyed the find! I brought him to the Ft. Lauderdale Firefighters Benevolent Lounge (where I also work) and took his pic amongst the retired Fire helnets. Then my g/f (who is a Lt. with the FLFD) took him to station 47 and got his pic taken on a fire engine ladder truck. Next off to the gym where Fred got his pic taken on some work-out equipment. Next he flew in the belly of a 737 to Fort Campbell, Ky (home of the 101st Airborne Paratroopers-Screaming Eagles) where he got his pic taken on a tank. He was marked as a "Hitch-Hiker" and placed with the names of some heroes at 'Patriot Park' on Ft.Campbell Pkwy under the sign close to the oldest structure in town. His coordinates were recorded on my G.P.S. and will soon be entered as a 'Geo-Cache'. My brother a retired C.S.M. with The Special Forces owns the local Gunshop/Locksmith business. Freds adventure is just beginning, I'm sure. I will send youall the pics if you like. Gobs of fun meeting him.
Rucci

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Proud First Strike Wife said...

I have taken a couple of pics myself of my daughter with "Fred" and I can't wait to see and hear who found him first. I will say that on the back they wrote a message. It says "I'm now a hichhiker! Relocate me!"

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Mary Tiler More said...

I hope you all keep me posted on Fred. I'd love to see anyone's pics. If you e-mail them, I will certainly post them.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Proud First Strike Wife said...

I posted the pics I took on my blog....502ndarmyspouse.blogspot.com. Check em out. How can I email them to you?

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Mary Tiler More said...

Wow, so weird seeing Fred there. My e-mail is Marytilermore@bellsouth.net.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home