Tilefortlauderdale

One woman, lots of paint and hundreds of tiles. If you're here because you found a painted tile, it's yours to keep.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Cold, Strong Cass


Every time Cass felt left out, rejected or invisible, it reinforced the fact that she had no one to rely on in this life but herself. Sometimes that knowledge made her even stronger. Other times, not so much. Left Cass in the restroom at Sushi 1 Take Out, a teensy little sushi spot at 23 N. Federal Highway in Fort Lauderdale. It's one of those places where you can watch them make the sushi right there at the counter while you wait. The prices are amazingly reasonable, ranging from $1 for miso soup and $1.65 for a seaweed salad to $48 for a 66-piece tray with a little bit of everything. Six- to eight piece a la carte rolls are $2 to $3.

Cass is in the restroom down the long hallway, resting next to a lovely pot of flowers. She looks like she kind of belongs there with those flowers, so she might stay awhile and enjoy her little garden area in the corner. Sometimes these tiles just become part of the decor. I left one at the coffee shop next to Sunrise Cinema at Gateway quite some time ago, and last time I checked it was still right there on the shelf where I left it, right in the middle of a bunch of knick knacks. It kinda makes me feel more at home when I go there ... like I've got a secret connection.

6 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger Bill From Gainesville said...

Cass was already gone when I arrived. Someone out there has her....

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Mary Tiler More said...

I'm surprised. I kinda thought she might become a fixture there, at least for awhile. Sorry you drove all the way there and didn't find her. You know she was in the ladies room, right? I hope you at least had some good sushi. Still resisting the golden arches?

Thanks for looking for one of my tiles. There's a new one on the street. Her name is Rosa. But if you encounter her, watch out. She's a little crazy. Just warning ya.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Bill From Gainesville said...

I had to go to West Palm yesterday for my job, and Ft Lauderdale is on the way so I just took a tiny detour. I did it twice though, Silly me, I was on the way up their and it never dawned on me they wouldnt be opened at nine am, then on my way back was when I stopped. I had figured it was in the ladies bathroom. In fact I had lots of thoughts about that part of the problem and how I was going to overcome it -- some of them were kind of funny thoughts also , maybe I should write a post, anyway when I got their I realized it was more of a unisex type of situation? If their are two bathrooms in that place then maybe it is still their? I swore though they just have the one facility?

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Mary Tiler More said...

You're right. I don't recall seeing another restroom. There must be just one. So it's not like you'd have to pull a Mrs. Doubtfire.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Bill From Gainesville said...

My thoughts were more along the line that I was just going to kind of wait till I knew no woman was in the restroom and then I was just going to go on in. then I started thinking, what if I made a mistake and a woman was in and she thought I was some kind of sicko dude and called the cops and stuff, Like if the tile was an under aged girl and I was a pervert, I was thinking what then, how would I explain all this and not get in trouble. -- THOSE types of thoughts were what went through my head. I was looking to make sure I didnt see Stone Phillips hanging around anywhere, No officer I dont normally barge into a womans restroom, but you see, there is this blog, and this woman who has these tiles ....and ..... Can I call my lawyer now?

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Mary Tiler More said...

These things can get very complicated, even for Mrs. Doubtfire.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home