Tilefortlauderdale

One woman, lots of paint and hundreds of tiles. If you're here because you found a painted tile, it's yours to keep.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Five Guys, One Tile


While I was over at that Publix wonderland off Cordova in Fort Lauderdale today, I noticed a new place called Five Guys and figured it was a pizzeria. But inside I could see huge containers of peanut oil stacked everywhere and when I walked in, the smell was incredible. I had just eaten, though, so I pucked up a menu to take with me. I was wrong about it being a pizzeria ... guess I was thinking of Two Guys. Apparently, Five Guys is known for what Zagat calls "mind-blowing fries" cooked in peanut oil and quality dogs and burgers. All toppings, which include fried onions, sauteed mushrooms and jalapeno peppers, are free. I'll definitely be returning here. For now, I left this tile (just above the sink in the handicapped stall) about Robert, who feels embarrassed to tell people how scared he is of butterflies. He still has nightmares about when his parents came to visit and he had to take them to Butterfly World. Now that he's been there, he has something else to add to the list of things that terrify him: hummingbirds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home