Tilefortlauderdale

One woman, lots of paint and hundreds of tiles. If you're here because you found a painted tile, it's yours to keep.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Frogs and Toads and Tiles
















I dropped a few more tiles in secret hiding places at The Frog & Toad Pub on Powerline Road in Fort Lauderdale over the weekend. The place is so cool. The house wine is really good here, and the crowd and servers friendly. I wondered why it was named that and then I looked online and found that "frog and toad" is Cockney rhyming slang for "road." I know a guy from England who always used to use those rhymes, like he would say "apples and pears" for "stairs." ... I left two tiles at The Frog and Toad - one in a magazine rack, another in a basket. It's the kind of place you wouldn't mind dropping in just often enough to say, I'll have the usual. The tiles were (as pictured above) "Joan Queen of Stress" (who worried about meeting deadlines, the suspicious mole on her right ankle and those monstrous 18-wheelers she feared would swerve into her lane and smash her to smithereens) and "Meek Margaret" (they called her Meek Margaret but had no idea what she'd done to that man in Reno who made fun of her eyebrows). I've painted 19 tiles so far, though I still have three of those left to hide and they're going out this weekend. Will post right after they're out there. Of course, there are still hundreds more 8x8 blank slates in my closet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home