Tilefortlauderdale

One woman, lots of paint and hundreds of tiles. If you're here because you found a painted tile, it's yours to keep.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Backgammon Betty


Every Thursday night Betty hits a different bookstore or cafe with her backgammon set. She opens the case, sets up the game and starts reading magazines. Inevitably, someone says "Oh my God, I haven't played backgammon in years!" So Betty will always say, "Well, c'mon then ... Tell ya what. Loser buys chai tea." Betty hasn't bought a cup of chai tea yet. She so sly, that Betty.

Left Betty at the Starbucks at Davie Boulevard and Federal Highway in Fort Lauderdale. She's leaning against the wall in the ladies' room, just waiting to catch someone off guard.

In other news, I finally made someone's Top 5 (at least for today) ... but it comes with a price ... a "scheduler." South Florida Daily Blog now has a Top 5 in the sidebar to the right. It lists the blog and the most recent post title, and just below that, there's a little line that says how long it's been since you last posted. I try to put a tile out there every day... which somewhere in the back of my mind means every 24 hours ... but then, when I see that little thing approaching 24 hours ... my obsession kicks in. So as I post this, I have 10 minutes to spare until the 24-hour thing kicks in. So I'll take a minute to say thanks to Rick at SFDB for always finding new ways to motivate local bloggers ... like "schedulers."

And still, I have seven more minutes to kill, which isn't quite enough time for a game of backgammon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home