Tilefortlauderdale

One woman, lots of paint and hundreds of tiles. If you're here because you found a painted tile, it's yours to keep.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mary gets her shiny back


After way too many days and night in the word factory, Mary vowed to spend more quiet time in her old zone. She wanted so badly to hear that voice again, the one that fluttered in on golden wings and talked to her whenever she drew pictures, painted, played kazoo, cleaned, cooked or gardened. That little voice knew her inside and out and kept her work honest. It told her the little stories that helped her make sense of her life. Without that little voice, her life felt less shiny, less tolerable. Mary wanted her shiny back, and now she knew what she must do ... be real quiet and wait for the shiny to reappear. That it will reappear the very month that the Great Pumpkin makes its annual appearance is no small coincidence. Shine on Great Pumpkin, like a long lost friend.

Left Mary in a quiet zone at Tropical Smoothies Cafe on Cordova Road in Fort Lauderdale.

8 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I've missed you.

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Mary Tiler More said...

Thank you!! Got stuck in the gooey gluey word factory ... but it's fall, and there's something about the onset of fall, even if orange and red leaves are not swirling, that makes one think deeply again, and listen to the shiny little voice inside. I know ya hear it too. I can tell by your writing .. and the way cats talk to you. Thanks for the welcome back!

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Mig said...

Welcome back. Really unique local blog. I hope you start it back up again. I want to nab one of your tiles.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Mary Tiler More said...

Thanks Mig! I hope you find one!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love your style of writing. I'm looking forward to reading more.

I love the idea of painting tiles to leave around. I love fun stuff like that. If I was still living in Florida, I'd have to search out the tiles!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Mary Tiler More said...

Thank you!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Welcome Back!!! I too hope to find one of your amazing paintings one day soon! My friend has found 1 and another friend gave her the one she found so there would be 2 side by side!

Let your words shine one!

Best
Tracy

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Mary Tiler More said...

Thanks for reading, Tracy. I hope you find one too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home